This Is What YOUR Balance Looks Like

by snackface on January 27, 2011 · 28 comments

HI, FRIENDS!!! The weekend is almost here! I can taste it– it tastes a lot like Red Bull-vodkas and pizza.

Those two items, I believe, can be incorporated to what I consider to be a “balanced” lifestyle. But you already know what my balance looks like. Now it’s time to share what your balance looks like. I have been overwhelmed by the response and I hope you all take a moment to read these wonderful posts.

This, my friends, is powerful. This is how we can affect change. This is how we can help others. Lez do dis!

Kristin broke it down for us with a definition and a story of how balance is an ever-changing, ever-flowing concept.

Conni spells out balance, letter by letter. I personally enjoy that “booty” made the list.

Gillian had one of the most touching, relevant series on finding balance. Wisdom is laced throughout.

The Little Girl Who Should sees balance in activities like “wasting time,” which is such a great point! We can’t be busy all the time. What would we do without blogs to read? Also, sista has my old layout, which I love!

Mansee may include Bieber in her list of what keeps her balanced, but I won’t hold that against her. When a woman says she can’t help “being completely in love with [her] life,” how can I not admire her?

Eliza has an awesome picture of her balance, which includes Bud Light. Git it!

Megan moves, eats whole foods, embraces her inner hip-hop thug and sips bubbly. A girl after my own heart.

Amanda is working to regain balance by eating breakfast and applying for grad school. And snacking– the best!

Kaila feeds balance with awesome combinations of foods (carob powder and figs? YES) and surrounding herself with the most gorgeous parents and loved ones.

Katie is all about the 80/20 lifestyle. Her weekends look a lot like mine. (Did I spy a Blue Moon in that post?! LOVE!)

Elise is actually someone I look to for balanced inspiration. With balance that means truly knowing your body, knowing your cravings, knowing your hunger, I can’t help but want to hone in mine, too.

Angela reminds us that as humans, we need balance to survive. “Can you imagine a life where you have trouble just standing upright?” she ponders. Ange is also a member of the grammarazzi, which is my jam.

Fit Food Lover needs to talk to her man, eat snacks and chocolate, drink coffee, work out and get her beauty on in order to feel balanced in a day.

I have a feeling this isn’t a complete list, so if you weren’t included, please leave the link to your balance post in the comments section.

If ever you’re feeling doubtful or confused or weighed down, I highly recommend coming to SnackFace, finding this post and reading the balance of others. It helps me feel even more secure in what my balance is like because we’re all so different.

I’ll catch ya later!

1 VeggieGirl January 27, 2011 at 8:54 pm

AWESOME references for balance!

2 elise January 27, 2011 at 9:04 pm

you are so amazing…look at this beautiful response to such a relevant topic!
all these posts demonstrate how important it is to know theres no ONE way to live and that each person has to find what works for him/her.
holler.

3 Gillian January 27, 2011 at 9:27 pm

Thanks for the shout out and inspiration!!

4 Conni January 28, 2011 at 10:47 am

I just read your post and Gillian dear, you are amazing!

5 Hannah January 27, 2011 at 9:31 pm

Thanks so much, Kailey, for sharing this awesomeness! I will definitely take a read when I’m down, or even when I’m feeling groovy :)

6 Brooke January 27, 2011 at 9:36 pm

Just ate a huge plate of pad thai then ate a cupcake smothered in frosting and now about to get krunknasty! BALANCE.

7 Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) January 27, 2011 at 9:53 pm

Aww so many awesome posts, Kailey! Thanks for compiling them all!!

8 Andrea January 27, 2011 at 10:00 pm

Thanks for including me in your inspiring balance compilation! I loved reading everyone’s posts and seeing how we all embrace our balance in different ways. Truly wonderful.

9 Katharina January 27, 2011 at 10:13 pm

Balance means trying new things! I’m just excited about the new finds from the chocolate store today mwahahaha! For some reason I just literally imagined a balance scale, and if it were “perfectly” balanced all the time well eventually people would lose interest. What’s that got to do with anything? Well it’s got to do with a great motto for life and that is that it is worth living… not being the same all the time. I think one of the greatest things isn’t the actual “balance”, but rather finding it. That includes all the “WOO HOO”, “bleh”, and “wtf” moments in life. I think this also goes along with the idea of looking at the grand scheme of things at the same time. Overall, those times when we think we’ve screwed it up, we’ll forget about it and things just even out. You know what I mean?

I don’t have a post that I specifically wrote about balance, but I’ve written some that have to do with finding your own and I think that’s relevant :) And thanks for sharing these, girl!

p.s. you know that us meeting would be… HISTORY MADE!!!

10 Gillian January 28, 2011 at 9:25 am

Finding balance definitely includes the “wtf” moments in life. Sometimes we’re most balanced when we don’t even realize it!

11 PB&Jenny January 27, 2011 at 10:19 pm

I can’t imagine how much time it took to read and reflect on all of these amaze posts. Thank you so much. I APPRECIATE YOU!!!!!!!

love your face to pieces!

12 Ashley @ 365 things January 27, 2011 at 10:30 pm

I think you forgot about me, but it’s ok!! I sent in a picture because I didn’t have a blog post written about balance. Gonna check out these links!

13 snackface January 28, 2011 at 12:08 am

Ashley- Honeybun, you’re right! I am so sorry! Not to fret, though, I did plan on doing a few posts featuring everyone else. You WILL be included :)

14 Ashley @ 365 things January 30, 2011 at 2:45 pm

Ha! honeybun. love your little nicknames. :)

15 Katie January 27, 2011 at 10:46 pm

Thanks for the shout out! Cheers to blue moon!

16 megan @ the oatmeal diaries January 27, 2011 at 10:50 pm

Yayy love this post! I love how everyone has their unique balance that works for them.

17 rebecca lustig January 27, 2011 at 10:55 pm

doin big things, girl. this is inspirational for ANY and ALL.

18 molly January 27, 2011 at 10:58 pm

love this/these post(s). What a great group of girls the blogiverse has!

19 Conni January 27, 2011 at 11:20 pm

For the record, I totally screamed when I saw my name on here. You just made me night.

20 Angela January 27, 2011 at 11:46 pm

I love this! So many great posts, and so many new-to-me blogs I am excited to start reading. Thank you for pioneering the topic and compiling everyone’s posts!

21 Mansee January 28, 2011 at 1:02 am

Oh my word, this is so exciting! All the other post seem wonderful, I can’t wait to sit down and read them all. Thanks!

22 Amanda @FashionablyPlate January 28, 2011 at 9:39 am

Girl! Thank you so much for this shout out!

23 Kristin (Cook, Bake, Nibble) January 28, 2011 at 10:01 am

Thank you for making sure I was on the list, and thank you for making this list! What amazing, inspiring stories!!

xo

24 Kaila @ Healthy Helper! January 28, 2011 at 11:11 am

Thank you so much for this post….and for including me in it! I love it and I love your blog even more. Out of all the blogs I read, yours is the most real, relevamt, and just out right FUN! You have no problem speaking the truth but at the same time creating an environment for inspiration and creativity…..thank you for being such a positive role model. I am a few years younger than you…but when I get to your age I hope to have the same rockin’ outlook on life!

25 Lacey January 28, 2011 at 11:51 am

Thank you for the links! Can’t wait to balance out my work day by reading through them. ;-)

I was just talking to some women about balance in life the other night (over a Stella and some nachos). They all looked at me as though I was crazy when I told them the guilt they feel for choosing nachos instead of broccoli ONE night a week is unwarranted. There is an ebb & flow to all we do and consume. I for one choose to embrace that balance (most days).

Now for those weekend plans – I feel about sevety-leven drinks calling my name tonight with a bean burger & onion rings to soak it up the next day! :-)

26 Holly February 2, 2011 at 11:08 am

AMAZINGNESS.

one day, i will get around to writing mine and shoot you the link. much love!