This Week’s Favorites

by snackface on March 10, 2011 · 32 comments

Aloha, lovahs! How comforting to know that content trumps frequency when it comes to blog posts. I loved reading your comments throughout the day on that topic!

Anyway, are we THRILLED to pieces that the weekend is moments away? I am because I’m going to Athens again. My loves are there: DM and Muffin. For newbies, Muffin is my best friend of all time. She lives in NYC now, working a high-profile news job that she worked her hiney off for. She will be in Athens for the weekend, and even though I was just there, I must go back. Gosh, what a drag to hang out with the boyf, my rock (my rock is Muffin– I seriously don’t know what I’d do without her) and college friends. :D

Thursday was such a long day that a weekend full of fun is much deserved. I awoke at 5:15 a.m. and rushed around the house to get ready by 6:30 a.m. Breakfast was a quickie!

Cookie dough cereal! Uncooked oats + banana + peanut flour + cinnamon + stevia + coconut milk. Duh-licious!

Then, a co-worker and I hustled downtown for a social media and business practice seminar. I took in the breathtaking, stunning, gorgeous, sunshiney Cincinnati city.

Not.

A rainy morning that turned into a snowy afternoon and evening.

I love my city, I do, but it was not at its best this morning. The seminar, however, was held at the Scripps Center and it was fantastic. As a Scripps alum, I couldn’t help my excitement. We discussed what we say on our Facebook pages, Twitter pages and personal blogs in regards to work, and what the ramifications can be when we badmouth our employer. I learned a ton, and I hope that college courses are teaching students how to balance their personal brands (blogs, mostly) with their corporate lives. I deal with this by not sharing the company for which I work, exposing real names or complaining about anything specific. When I have a bad day, it’s mostly because of my own doing or my own attitude anyway.

By the time we got back to the office, I was starving and shoved a Clif Z-bar in my face. Sorry no pic! I skipped off to lunch soon after.

Panera time! Thai Chopped Chicken Salad, sans chicken.

You know what completely made my day? David J. at Panera spelled my name correctly. I don’t think that’s ever happened there before. Thanks, sweet cheeks!

Work was a little insane in the membrane in the afternoon. As in, 5 p.m. made its presence known sooner than I expected.

I took my tired eyes and brain to the gym for a schweaty 4.4 miles on the elliptical, followed by arms, chest, back, legs and glutes. I’m addicted to my current strength training routine!

Afterward, I stopped at Kroger to see if I needed anything. Apparently, I “needed” eyeliner, nail polish, ice cream, Reese’s Eggs and Reese’s Pieces Eggs. I am such a girl.

What I really had for dinner after I showered: Boca burger, chips with hummus and pineapple.
What I’ll show you:

Wednesday's dinner. Amazing salad, roasted potatoes and corn. I had about three rounds, yo.

And now, I’d like to present you with something I hope to feature weekly on the blog…but only if you love it! I read a TON of blogs, read lots of comments, but don’t always comment or respond. This is my way of saying, “Blog World, I LOVE YOU!” (Who knows, you could be mentioned!)

This Week’s Favorites

Favorite bloggette recipe: How Sweet It Is Cilantro Lime White Bean Hummus. I need an empty weekend so I can make this!

Favorite bloggette moment: Holly, my favorite Everythingtarian, had a huge moment this week. She got the most fabulous, gorgeous, perfect-for-her header. It makes me randy.

Favorite blog: I just discovered and am now infatuated with Atlantic-Pacific. You’ll fall high-bunned head over tough ankle-booted heels for this San Francisco style diva.

Favorite comments on SnackFace: In response to “Patterns”, Alexa said, “A day, or weekend or year filled with cheese or cheese-related food is an amazing choice to me.” Sista, I am with you!

In response to “Let’s Be Real“, Ally said, “Kailey, where did you get your disc pendant from? I like it :)
My fave candy at the moment is pretzel M’n’Ms. THE. BOMB.
” Not only do I dig her use of “the bomb,” I also realized I’ve been asked this question before and never answered! SORRY! I found it at a vintage shop in St. Louis. I have a thing for disc/circle-shaped pendants with Scorpio on them. Not only does this specific necklace have all those essentials, it’s also in Italian (my favorite language). It was meant to be.

Favorite Twitter moment: The other day I tweeted, asking folks what their favorite foodie brands are. Though the response from friends was wonderful, the response from the foodie companies blew me away. We’re talking responses from Clif, Udi’s Gluten Free, Brooklyn Salsa, ProBar, Larabar, Chobani. Kudos to all these companies and their social media strategies. You = AWESOME. You are what this community is all about.

Favorite foodie news: Speaking of Clif, they tweeted a pic of their new flavor. Coconut Chocolate Chip. Will I be stalking the shelves until I find it? You bet your buns.

Favorite blog-reading music: Y’all know I need music. Young the Giant rocked my world this week. Highly, highly recommended for a summer, California-chill feel.

That’s all for this week! Have a STUNNING weekend, lovelies!

Questions: What were your favorites this week? Blog-related or not!

P.S. I just proofread this post and noticed I referenced butts way too much. Enjoy :D

1 Tropical Eats March 10, 2011 at 11:25 pm

mad love for companies that respond asap on their social media accounts!

glad you had a fun time at the seminar :) have a great friday!! one more day til the weekend wooop woop

2 VeggieGirl March 10, 2011 at 11:25 pm

Yes, definitely keep up with this weekly feature! Love it :)

My favorites this week = being on spring break, dance, making a few breakthroughs.

3 Sana March 10, 2011 at 11:32 pm

All bloggers are stunning!

4 Beth @ Beth's Journey to Thin March 10, 2011 at 11:33 pm

Hi Kailey! Sounds like you have a fun weekend ahead. It makes me excited for July when one of my best friends from college is having her bachelorette party, and it’ll be the first time we’re all together in SOOOO long. I miss that!

5 grace b March 10, 2011 at 11:52 pm

Totally loving this week (well actually this month):

Kasabian. Seriously their music is damn SEXY (and their guitarist is a dime piece).

(see here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wd0Y1Sko7hA&feature=related)

Also I did some massive cleaning this week and I am loving it. Did I do any work on my research project yet? Nada. But my room is spick and span.

That fashion blog you post is GORGEY.

6 grace b March 10, 2011 at 11:55 pm

Actually that video I sent you was weaksauce.

This was is just sooooo beautiful.

Okay and to make this food relevant: that new Clif flavor sounds AMAZING.

7 Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn March 11, 2011 at 12:05 am

My favorite this week is Love Grown Granola and the cookie recipe I am posting in the morning. Drooooollllll

8 glidingcalm March 11, 2011 at 12:49 am

love it!! looking at a bunch of yo links now! :)

9 Rachel @ Grateful Girl Goes Gluten Free March 11, 2011 at 3:19 am

I love the new week favorites! Holly’s blog header is seriously so baller, you’re right. Have a great weekend in Athens!

10 Rory March 11, 2011 at 3:30 am

So I’m basically in love with the foods you post about (aka addicted to trader joes)
out of curiosity, where did you get your weight routine? I’m getting bored of my current routine and am looking to shake things up :)

11 Carrie (Moves 'N Munchies) March 11, 2011 at 4:47 am

ahah i love your link love! my favorite this week was anything JulieGoLean posted- that woman is HILARIOUS!!!!!!!

12 Tina March 11, 2011 at 8:14 am

I’m going to keep my eyes peeled for that new clif bar flavor! I love chocolate + coconut. Have a good weekend!!

13 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine March 11, 2011 at 8:31 am

Have an amazing time in Athens with your loves!!

Lately I’ve been looooving the style blog Unabashedly Prep. It’s more just stylish, preppy photos of the past and present, but it always makes me want to beam myself back to the 50s and 60s to wear shirtdresses and curl my hair.

14 Elizabeth@The Sweet Life March 11, 2011 at 9:30 am

What a gift to have such a fabulous friend!

15 Madeline - Greens and Jeans March 11, 2011 at 9:52 am

It’s rough when your besties live so far away (mine lives in Argentina! UGH!), but it makes those reunions even more delicious.

16 Michelle R March 11, 2011 at 10:11 am

My favorite thing about this week was returning to blog reading, haven’t done it in so long and I missed my favs so much, and my workouts all week. They were killer and made me feel radiant afterwards. =)

17 Allywan March 11, 2011 at 10:11 am

Fave moments of the week
- found {frolic!}, and was immediately overcome by adorableness.

- downloaded a free playlist from Urban. I love it when they post em.

-just checked out Atlantic-pacific and she’s killin the game. Serious sense of style going on over there. *Snaps for the kid.*

18 Kaila @healthyhelper! March 11, 2011 at 10:22 am

I just did a link love post too! I love sharing my fave finds of the week! And looking at others too…..so thanks for sharing yours!

19 Michelle March 11, 2011 at 10:26 am

So I just found your blog and I love it! I also love this favorites post. I do something very similar on my site each Friday. It’s fun to recap each week, isn’t it?! Have a great weekend!

20 melissa @ the delicate place March 11, 2011 at 10:28 am

my favorites this week are: being off today for university holiday woot! giving up dried fruit for lent and sticking to it so far! $5 sample of juice beauty green apple mask (i am obsessed with JB products, my skin looks lux because of it)

21 jen @ taste life March 11, 2011 at 10:39 am

Love the weekly love for blogs around and about! I’m always looking for new stuff to read…I should probably stop that, so I have time for things like my job, my cats, my family, my friends. You know.

22 Gina G March 11, 2011 at 11:40 am

I think it is a great idea!

Have an absolutely wonderful time with your loves this weekend Kailey :)

23 Kacy March 11, 2011 at 11:48 am

Oooh girl have so much fun with Muffin and the man!

24 Salah (My Healthiest Lifestyle) March 11, 2011 at 12:23 pm

That salad looks so bomb!!

25 Gina March 11, 2011 at 12:30 pm

Hi Kailey!

I started following your blog last year and have enjoyed waking up to it every morning (I read it over breakfast :) I’m not a big blog commenter, it’s something I have to get used to but I just wanted to say as a fellow OU Scripps J-student I am 1) fascinated by your journalism journey and that you have a job! ole! haha and 2) loved the “Young the Giant” suggestion! Thanks!

26 holly March 11, 2011 at 12:54 pm

you are so sweet. thank for the header love, and can we PLEASE catch up perhaps on Sunday? let me know. have an AMAZING time with your homeslices this weekend!!!

27 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey March 11, 2011 at 2:02 pm

My favorite this week is just the fact that it is Friday. Hallelujah!

28 Jessica @ How Sweet March 11, 2011 at 2:08 pm

Thanks for the hummus shout out girl! I hope you get around to making some. :)

29 Jess @ atasteofconfidence March 12, 2011 at 12:30 am

I’m in Florida on vacation right now, so that trumps everything else!

30 Stephanie @ Walking my Talk March 12, 2011 at 5:19 pm

Coconut milk. Such liquid beauty!

Things I love = March Break. I just started my spring break as of yesterday afternoon. Which is ideal, considering that more than one child vomited in my classroom last week. Yay for a week off! Hopefully vomit-free!

31 Emily March 13, 2011 at 10:21 pm

I like the favourites feature!

also, I’d love to know what the deal with these Clif bars is. I live in England and they don’t seem to be a thing over here. They look pretty good!

I’m home from uni for the weekend so my favourites are, of course, my family :)

32 Anna March 13, 2011 at 11:16 pm

thanks for that update on the totally chic and classic Atlantic-Pacific blog! I am doing this fun thing where I don’t do anymore shopping and desperately need new inspiration. her mixes of high, low, and just rights are exactly what my Google Reader (and closet) need now.