FINALLY! Someone (and one of my favorite people/bloggers, at that!) finally tagged me in this game. Can we address that it’s named “11 Things” but people end up sharing 22 things about themselves? [I’m coming back to this graph after writing the entire post and you’ll see that I’m wrong in this instance.]
First up, 11 random tidbits about yours truly:
1. I’m not crafty or homemaker-y in any way. Making elaborate posters, decorating t-shirts, making things (like any number of those quirky crafts on Pinterest), scrapbooking…anything like that, I simply don’t “get.” My mother is brilliant with arts and crafts, a quality I obviously did not adopt.
2. In 4th grade, a group of three girls and I performed daily routines at recess. We sang and danced to a mashup of Sugar Ray’s “Fly” and Aretha’s “Respect”— all arranged and choreographed by us. I believed that we magically would be “discovered” while on recess. As you can imagine, we were really, super popular. (Not.)
3. My number-one favorite food, as uncouth as it may be, is cereal. How un-gourmet of me! But I can’t help it. I would rather have a bowl of Cinnamon Cheerios/Chex/Toast Crunch than a real dinner.
4. I’m a bad sleeper. I’m terrible at it! I’d much rather be awake. I’m a night owl and an early bird. Some of this isn’t by choice, as I had my first bout of insomnia during the summer after 5th grade and it’s never completely gone away. It comes and goes. I don’t value sleep as much as I should.
5. When it comes to choosing between watching a t.v. show and watching a movie, I prever t.v. because episodes are shorter. If I’m watching a movie, I have to be fully invested, start to finish. With a show, it’s done in 20 to 40 minutes. Watching movies during the workweek also feels very bizarre to me. Not sure why.
6. Every three months or so, I have a new favorite expletive. Right now it’s “hoe.” Everyone’s a trifling hoe. Even my dogs. I fully recognize that I am the only one who thinks it’s hilarious. Yes, it’s riddled with degradation but I just think it’s a funny word.
7. I would take a grammar bootcamp and AP Style class once a year if I could. I love it. And I always need refreshers to help me stay on point. There are certain word nerd things we debate at work and never come to a conclusion. The debate usually pertains to commas or hyphens.
8. If ever you, reader, and I go out for dinner, it is highly likely you will say, “Well where would you like to eat?” I’ll say, “Oh, I don’t care! I’m open!” But what I end up doing is eliminating all options I don’t want until we land on the restaurant in which I wanted to dine initially but didn’t say. But that’s ONLY if we’re in Cincinnati. Elsewhere, I really am open!
9. Even though I love food and I love when others appreciate food, I cannot stand the sound of chewing. It’s so bad that I’ll send apology emails to the ladies who sit near me at work. Here’s one I sent last week:
“I would like to apologize to the two of you in case you’ve heard my disgusting chewing of this gigantic Fuji apple. Even I can’t stand the sound of my own chewing, so I apologize if this is also hellish for you.
The apple is really, really delicious, though.”
10. My first job was at the amusement park, Kings Island. I worked in a retail shop in the sweltering heat of summer. The moment a man pulled a $20 out of his sweaty socks, I knew it was time to move on.
11 Questions Evan asked me (Oh wait! She asked nine!):
1. What’s the craziest thing you’ve done lately? Either being at the Superbowl with Maxim or chopping off my hair. But a haircut isn’t really crazy.
2. What is your favorite music genre and why? Jazz standards. My favorite album of all time is Ella Fitzgerald: The Jerome Kern Songbook. I’ve been listening to it since 10th grade. It always speaks to my soul.
3. If you could live in any big city, which would you choose? San Francisco. With places in NYC and Miami, too.
4. Cats or dogs? Dogs! 100 percent!
5. What do you do for a living? I’m currently a copywriter.
6. Which Backstreet Boy was your favorite and why? Same for N’Sync. I was significantly more into N’Sync than the Backstreet Boys, so Lance! Anyone blond, I preferred. Fave Spice Girl? Baby. Fave Powerpuff Girl? Bubbles.
7. If you were on a desert island and could eat only one food, what would it be? It has to be a pairing! Like cereal and almond milk or smoked gouda and baguette. Or should I be smart and say kale or something that will give me clean energy?
8. What is your favorite movie and why? Clueless. Come on! As if the movie that awoke my fashion sense weren’t going to be my favorite! Another fun tidbit: I saw Clueless in third grade. My mom made a Clueless-inspired skirt suit in a fruit print for me. I wore it with knee-highs and baby blue, heeled Mary Janes. You can imagine how the other third graders responded.
9. What’s your drink of choice? Ha! Evan, you’re funny! Just one? It depends on my mood! Riesling. Dragonberry vodka with soda and lime. Yuengling/Blue Moon/anything local that I’ve never tried. Also any beer from Jackie O’s in Athens.
There you go! More than you ever wanted to know about me!
Ciao for now,
- Do we have any crazy similarities?
- What’s your number-one pet peeve?