Two You Need to Try

by snackface on February 24, 2012 · 31 comments

HAPPY FRIDAY! Thank sweet baby Jesus, right? I thought I’d never see the day! During insanely busy weeks, I don’t stray from my routine. My days are work > gym > groceries > home > dinner > blog > crash. To add variety to my weekdays, I look to food and music.

This week, I found two things you absolutely must try.

First up, food. SNACK ALERT! Have you ever wanted a chip that isn’t fried, doesn’t consist of a potato and can really count toward your veggie count for the day? I have! Something super accessible and easy when you’re on the go are these little snack packs I found at Target.

Snapz and mah purse.

These Snapz Crisps are originally from the UK, but from some light sleuth work, I think they just started up in the US. I could be completely wrong; this is just what I’ve inferred. Anyway, I was a little skeptical at first. How good can just carrots and paprika really be?

Cutest packaging.

A pre-packaged snack doesn't get any better than this.

While Snapz has bags of dried apples, they also have dried beet crisps. There is an abundance of pre-packaged fruit snacks on the market, but when it comes to vegetable snacks, the pickings are slim. That’s why I was THRILLED when I took a bite of a carrot crisp and found its texture to be that of a kettle-cooked chip. The flavor? Slightly sweet from the carrot, but just enough paprika to make it spicy.

Please disregard my homeless nail. The gel manicure is peeling and it hurts. Let's call it nail art.

If you spy these at Target (or anywhere else), give them a whirl. I am in awe of them. I’m always looking out for the next big snack, and I think this has huge potential. I’d like to see what they could do with cucumber or zucchini and dill, plus a little salt.

OK! Number TWO thing you must try is music related. Download this album and then go for a run (while listening to it, of course):Ever since I heard Opposite of Adults, I have been waiting for Chiddy Bang to drop an album. It’s here. It’s incredible. It has that FLAVA I love. Some favorites off the album so far: Breakfast, Mind Your Manners, Ray Charles and 4th Quarter. Do it, do it, do it.

With that, I’m out! Have a gorgeous weekend!

Question: Any killa discoveries you made this week that you’d like to share? Food, music, movies, makeup, anything!

Image Source

1 Caity @ Moi Contre La Vie February 24, 2012 at 10:17 am

Must try Snapz. I officially have a mission for the weekend!

2 Cait @ Cait Hates Cake February 24, 2012 at 10:37 am

I found Kay’s Naturals Apple Cinnamon Protein Cereal at Walgreens yesterday. Low calorie, high protein, and no weird ingredients!

3 snackface February 24, 2012 at 10:39 am

I’ve only seen Kay’s around the blogosphere– haven’t tried it, though!

4 Joss February 24, 2012 at 10:43 am
5 snackface February 24, 2012 at 10:44 am

OK, that cup is ADORABLE! Ahh I want! And those recipes? Incredible! Thanks for sharing, Joss!

6 Nicole February 24, 2012 at 1:42 pm

I totally want to try the Cadbury buttons!!!

7 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat February 24, 2012 at 12:45 pm

Purse deets please! It’s adorable.

8 Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill February 24, 2012 at 1:13 pm

I usually don’t crave salty snacks (I want sugar 24/7!), but I bet my brother, who is extremely picky, would like these. He’ll do anything to avoid a real vegetable!

9 Nicole February 24, 2012 at 1:41 pm

Thanks for the snack recommendation-I will definitely try these! I just pulled up Chiddy Bang Breakfast on itunes so I can check it out!

10 Christie February 24, 2012 at 3:12 pm

Mmm those carrot chips look great!! Wish we could get them in New Zealand!

11 Sunny February 24, 2012 at 3:41 pm

this album is bombbbb ;) ever tried terra chips sweets and beets? Yum! best new discovery award definitely goes to Emerald’s dark chocolate cocoa roasted almonds

12 snackface February 24, 2012 at 3:46 pm

Yes, I have tried terra chips! They’re still fried, I think. But delicious!

13 Barbara February 24, 2012 at 4:55 pm

I love making microwave zucchini or radish ‘chips’…. so good! Thanks for the recommendation! These look fun!

14 Life's a Bowl February 24, 2012 at 6:28 pm

I’m heading to Target in a bit and totes gonna look for some Snapz- snaps to you for finding them ;)

15 Hillary February 24, 2012 at 6:29 pm

I’m going to Target tomorrow. These have been added to the list!

16 Casey @ Insatiably Healthy February 24, 2012 at 7:49 pm

YES! Loving Chiddy Bangs new album so much right now.
Those carrot chips sound great after I’ve had a fail or two of making my own via the dehydrator

17 glidingcalm February 25, 2012 at 12:07 am

I love “RAY CHARLES” and Chiddy

18 Emily February 25, 2012 at 2:08 am

I’ve never heard of Snapz but they look and sound AMAZING. I actually love carrot chips and usually buy them from Whole Foods. But, I’m sure they’re cheaper at Target. And having them in cute, pre-portioned baggies makes it even better! I hope they start carrying them at my Target soon.
And I LOVE this album. Such a fun mix.

19 Suzanne February 25, 2012 at 11:12 am

Also try these veggie chips http://www.terrachips.com/
They are wonderful and addicting! And they have a full serving of veggies in every bag!

If you need a little something sweet, try a heated soft tortilla with Nutella spread. DELICIOUS!

And I LOVE your bag in the background (:

20 Courtney February 25, 2012 at 12:36 pm

I recently discovered Chitty Bang too! I love their album!!! Great for running :0)

21 Tamar February 25, 2012 at 12:59 pm

Thanks for the info on Chiddy Bang! I’m not into straight rap, but I found a few songs that I love- ‘Because,’ sampling Radiohead is amazing!

These aren’t new, but I just tried ‘Just Veggies’ http://www.justtomatoes.com/jtstore/pc/Just-Veggies-3p157.htm, which are just dried vegetables. They’re really good, and they have fruit too! They’re hard to find, but are in stores so you don’t have to get them shipped.

22 caloricandcrazy February 25, 2012 at 1:16 pm

Loving the nutritionals on those Snapz! Hopefully they’re on sale at my Target!

23 Patricia Keller February 26, 2012 at 10:23 am

I am going to Target NOW!! Downloaded Chiddybang last week, great for my hour long ride to work … Plus my teens like it, LOL

24 Sara K February 26, 2012 at 2:05 pm

I need to find those carrot crisps! They look delicious! My snack choices as of late have been a bit lacking…think lots of pistachios

25 Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction February 27, 2012 at 1:07 pm

Those carrot chips look yummy! I am going to have to keep my eyes peeled for those in my local grocery store! Thanks :)

26 Vegetarian in the City February 27, 2012 at 1:31 pm

just downloaded chiddy bang. love it – thanks for the reco!

27 Katharina February 29, 2012 at 10:47 am

I have a song that you need to listen to ASAP. I listened to it on repeat on my flight yesterday… when I really like a song I need to play it to death. I’m gonna keep an eye out for those carrot chips. Since vegetable chips have been in bulk bins I’ve been loving the carrot chips.. along with the taro chips. So yummy! Also going to get on that playlist. Thanks for sharing girlie.

XO!

28 Katharina February 29, 2012 at 11:05 am
29 Rachael March 2, 2012 at 11:43 pm

I <3 Target so much. Which Target in Cincy did you go to? I'll have to check it out and find them! And I love your purse!