It’s Happening

by snackface on March 13, 2012 · 28 comments

For the past seven days straight, the only thing I’ve wanted for breakfast is Greek yogurt. Well, not the only thing. Heaven forbid I should ever eat something solo. Greek yogurt + banana + crunchy peanut butter. It’s a full-blown addiction.

An addiction that times itself with Mother Nature. When cravings go from hot to cold, something else usually occurs. My legs. They suddenly want to— nay— need to be bare. What is this bizarre correlation? (Snaps for photo editing for making me magically tan.)

It’s happening. The weather is doing that thing it does every few months. It’s changing. Everyone’s talking about it, as they are wont to do. I don’t blame them— it’s miraculous every single time. Spring, sprang, sprung. And I’m happy. I never like to admit that weather controls the type of person I am… but it so does. I thrive on sunshine and warmth.

To celebrate while I’m indoors, I’m listening to Gotye’s Making Mirrors album. In Your Light is on repeat. Enjoy the day, my friends!

Question: What type of weather makes you happiest? While a summer day is my favorite, I love the few days when you start to notice the seasons change, no matter the season.

1 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat March 13, 2012 at 9:46 am

Spring and fall are my favorites – transitioning is always fun, but Spring is better when you know warm weather is coming! Props to you for the bare legs – I thought about it this morning but need to invest in some decent sunless tanner first.

Mascara review?!

2 Sana March 13, 2012 at 9:48 am

I crave greek yogurt as soon as the weather is warm!

3 Caity @ Moi Contre La Vie March 13, 2012 at 9:50 am

I like Fall & Spring, when its still crisp but the sky is blue and you can wear a dress with a blazer or jacket on top. Parfait!

P.S. You should start posting more outfit pictures again! :) I’m dying to know what you were wearing in that tan leg shot above.

4 Faith @ For the Health of It March 13, 2012 at 9:53 am

I love the sun when I have the opportunity to be outside and enjoy it during the summer (aka get a tan), but I absolutely LOVE cool, crisp weather. Hoodie weather makes me happy!

5 Aubrey March 13, 2012 at 9:55 am

I love Greek yogurt with peanut butter and low sugar jam or berries. Pb&j yogurt!

I love this time of year when spring is sprunging(?)

It’s so lovely. I’m going bare legged today actually. Proud of my pasty white legs!

6 Yellow Haired Girl March 13, 2012 at 10:06 am

I have a FULL FLEDGED greek yogurt addiction. I usually can get it into at least two meals a day. I’m not kidding. I need a yogurt IV.

7 Britannie March 13, 2012 at 10:07 am

OMG Gotye’s State of the Art is my jaaam. Well, not my jam, but I love it. :)

8 Cyndie March 13, 2012 at 10:13 am

Yes! It’s finally warm in Michigan,too. The weather DEFINITELY affects my mood. I feel like I’m coming out of grumpy hibernation.

9 Maja March 13, 2012 at 10:39 am

I am soaking up the sun in Spain right now.
It is beyond me what sun on the skin and sand between the toes, can do for a person…

10 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss March 13, 2012 at 10:52 am

I’m with you. I’m a summer days girl through and through (I love the heat), however, I love it right when it starts to warm up after winter. Spring is so happy!

11 Hillary March 13, 2012 at 11:08 am

1. I ate the exact same breakfast this morning. Plus Kashi.
2. I’m also wearing a dress for the first time in months. I feel naked, even though the dress goes to my knees. It’s fantastic and I love it.
3. Summer forever. And ever. And ever.

12 Kristin Fleck March 13, 2012 at 11:26 am

it’s coming it’s coming!! sooooo happy for warmth around here!!

13 Emily @ Glitz Glam Granola March 13, 2012 at 12:26 pm

I love Greek yogurt all year long!! I pair mine with frozen raspberries and granola… mmm! And yay for spring and rocking bare legs! I’m getting so tired of boots & tights! We’ve had some glorious weather here but now it’s raining for the next 9 days… YUCK. My favorite season is summer (I too am happier when the weather is warm) but since SF doesn’t really get a summer, I guess I’d say Fall!

14 Liz March 13, 2012 at 12:46 pm

Love that skirt! Care to share where it’s from? :)

15 Janine @ThePurpleGiraffe March 13, 2012 at 1:55 pm

Spring because it means that winter is over. Summer because it’s the best. Fall because it’s okay. Winter sucks.

16 snackface March 13, 2012 at 3:40 pm

Hahaha OK, agreed. Winter blows.

17 Megan March 13, 2012 at 2:08 pm

Great song. Thanks for the recommendation. Helping me get through this indoorsy-cubicle blah day!!!

18 Jessica @ The Process of Healing March 13, 2012 at 3:12 pm

I agree!! Every season is my favorite at the beginning. I love all of them.. and right now, i’m in LOVE with spring!

19 Lindsay @ Chobani March 13, 2012 at 3:36 pm

Ah, the changing of seasons from winter to spring could possibly be the BEST time of year! The warmer temps make me start craving colder breakfasts, especially after a morning workout. Our cups are super refreshing. Be on the lookout for an email to hit your inbox soon for a lil’ something special to satisfy your greek yogurt cravings! :)

20 snackface March 13, 2012 at 3:39 pm

Lindsay, I would like you to know that’s Chobani in that bowl! Today it was 0% plain and yesterday it was 2% mango! I’ve been going to Kroger every three days to buy more CHO! ;)

21 maddie g March 13, 2012 at 6:39 pm

Kailey!
1. love the shews… metallic Keds?

2. Gotye’s “Somebody that I Used to Know” is my ANTHEM! luvs it.

3. tell me next time you’re in Athens! (Which will probably coincide with SPRING QUARTER!!! *excitement ensues*

X0

22 Joss March 13, 2012 at 7:42 pm

I like snow!
And rainy cool weather…I am just weird lol

23 Tamar March 13, 2012 at 7:59 pm

Thanks for introducing me to Gotye! He is kind of awesome in a strange, ethereal way. And that song is perfect for this gorgeous day.

24 Jacqui March 13, 2012 at 8:43 pm

Ahhh I am absolutely obsessed with greek yogurt + banana + peanut butter as well! It is so delicious and I crave it every day :-)

25 Melissa @TryingtoHeal March 13, 2012 at 11:52 pm

A sunny day with just a bit of wind and lots of fresh mountain air…ahhh…

26 Ashley March 14, 2012 at 12:21 am

Taking you back a couple of posts, but I am curious to hear how you are liking the mascara!

27 Ashley March 14, 2012 at 12:22 am

Oh, and FALL is my fave!

28 Sara K March 14, 2012 at 8:29 am

Ahh good old greek yoghurt- I’m waiting for the day I get sick of it, but looks like it will never happen. As for the weather, I am very very jealous of your conditions, we had one sunny mid-60s day last week here in Portland where I naturally went all out with a yellow sundress…but then yesterday it snowed a foot and thus forced me back into my massive winter puffer jacket :/. My weather of choice is sunny, mid-70s and no humidity!