Holla for a dolla, honey boo boos! I am completely in love with all your honest, respectful comments on Wednesday’s post. I really appreciate when we can make observations without being offensive. ANYWAY, let’s move forward and have fun!
I greeted Thursday as I’ve greeted every day this week: with Greek yogurt. This time, a cup of apple cinnamon Chobani chilled in the fridge overnight with 1/4 C rolled oats and 1/4 C water, making a dense, chewy morning mix.
Work was cool. Aside from the thunderstorms shaking the entire building, threatening to tear it down, everything was just peachy. Writing, researching, social media-ing…the usual!
Muffin (my BFF, of all time, who lives in NYC) had a lot going on today, so we emailed back and forth. OK, let’s be real. We frequently email because we should be living in the same city but we aren’t! Most of my relationships, actually, are long distance. To cope, Muffin and I are in constant contact. Have you ever been emailing and words aren’t enough? Emoticons aren’t enough? And that person simply needs to see the expression on your face? I sometimes (by sometimes I mean not all that often but often enough it might be a “thing”) send my facial expressions along with an email to give the full effect. (I’ve referenced this video twice even though it’s now passé!)
Somewhere between writing and being a dweeb, I had lunch. My new, old favorite lunch. (You know, something you used to love and you bring it back again so it’s like new.)Udi’s gluten-free bread toasted and topped with 1/4 of an avocado, salt, pepper, Frank’s and a fried egg. GAH! Absolutely magical mix of toasty, crunchy, salty, spicy and creamy (I can see you cringing at that word!).
After work, I headed to the gym for my fourth consecutive workout this week. This is rare. Here’s what this week in fitness has looked like thus far:
- Monday: 4 miles of intervals on elliptical; 20-30 minutes of weights with a focus on biceps and shoulders
- Tuesday: 5-mile run! I was so proud of myself! I took very few, very brief walk breaks. I do need new shoes, though.
- Wednesday: 4 miles of intervals on elliptical; 30 minutes of chest and back (most exercises for chest performed while holding a bridge position on stability ball)
- Thursday: 3 miles of HIIT on the treadmill (2 minutes at incline .5, speed 4.2; 2 minutes at incline 3-4, speed 6.5-7.2); 20 minutes of core (I HAVE to share this routine soon with a video because it’s killa!)
- Notes: I’m really big on weight training moves that also utilize my core, butt and/or thighs. I rarely do just biceps, for example. That’s usually combined with lunges that go: one (lunge and curl), one-two (lunge and curl for those two counts), one-two-three (lunge and curl for three counts) and so on (ends up being 55 lunges + curls per side).
I honestly don’t know if I’ll work out over the weekend. If I do, awesome. If I don’t, awesome. (I do know there will be a margarita in my hand at some point. It’s clear where my weekend priorities lie.)
Imagine the softest gummy candy with a burst of juice on the inside. The blackberry flavor reminds me of one of my favorite candies, Maynards Wine Gums (which are fabulous and much chewier).
Wow, I clearly had NO theme going into this post! Food, ‘fit, faces, fitness…all in a day’s work!
Ciao for now,
- What’s your favorite type and brand of yogurt? I’ve been talking about it so much this week, I might as well ask! Greek and froyo! I don’t eat froyo that often, though.
- Do you and your BFF live in the same city or separate? How’s that treating you! I can’t tell you how many times we say, “If only I were there right now, we’d totally _____!!!”
- How often do you exercise? I used to have a strict three-days-a-week-only policy, but that was in college when I was walking miles a day and dancing all night. Now that I sit all day, my body ACHES for movement by the afternoon. Some weeks I make it to the gym twice and sometimes four or five times. The average is probably still three times!