This Week’s…

by snackface on May 9, 2012 · 18 comments

Hi, friends! It’s been a nutty week full of ups, downs and hilarity. Here are some things I’ve been digging this week throughout it all.

This week’s…

Sounds:
Take Care, Drake (every day, every week)

Xanadu, Original Broadway Cast (kind of hysterical)

Boys & Girls, Alabama Shakes

Scents:
Prada Candy

Capri Blue Jar Candle Citrine

C. Booth Ginger and Coriander Energy Body Cream

Sips:
Black coffee (always)

Bolthouse Farms Green Goodness

Absolut Grapevine (Source)

Snacks:
Honey Nut Chex

Uncle Eddie’s Vegan Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

Chobani and sliced banana

Sights:
New Girl season finale (ended exactly the way I hoped it would! TOO good!)

SatC Season 2

Diane Kruger in Prada at the 2012 Met Ball

That’s all loves!

Question: What are some of your favorite sounds, scents, sips, snacks and sights this week?

1 katieDid May 9, 2012 at 10:07 pm

that vodka caught my attention! will be seeking that out this weekend.

2 Kate May 9, 2012 at 10:24 pm

so happy to hear of a fellow alabama shakes lover!!! i had to write an album review of them for a class and i couldn’t get enough. i bet they would be so great in concert, too!

3 Jen @nutcaseinpoint May 9, 2012 at 11:23 pm

Sounds: birds chirping. Means its really getting close to summer! Also, anything Pitbull.

Sights: the mountains from my house. Absolutely gorgeous. Runner up is my dog rolling in very yard we pass on our walks.

Scents: my neutrogena overnight rapid wrinkle repair-weird, but I love it. Also, coconut body butter and my dogs feet. Christ, I’m sounding weirder by the second.

Sips: water. Fresh squeezed orange juice. Just about any microbrew.

Snacks: nuts. Quaker oatmeal squares. MANGO.

4 Danielle May 9, 2012 at 11:25 pm

Two things: I haven’t been able to drink flavored vodka since high school… but the sound of your last sip (and the pretty bottle) may make me re-think my ways. I agree, Diane Kruger stuns on the Red Carpet. Always, always.

Oh, and a bonus third thing: Thanks for not spoiling the New Girl finale for me :) I cannot wait to watch it!

5 Theresa May 9, 2012 at 11:53 pm

ahhh that absolute grapevine looks like such a deliciously good idea…which could lead to bad decisions :) And the picture looks like there is passionfruit in it??? Oh goodness….

6 Evan May 10, 2012 at 8:24 am

Totally copying your idea and posting about this :)

F’yeah Alabama Shakes!!! Seriously, you are in my head always.

Also…every week is different. It’s really freaking amazing the way that happens. You know what I mean. Love you.

7 Hillary May 10, 2012 at 8:39 am

I have to agree with the New Girl finale. Love the show, loved the finale. Also loved Mad Men and Game of Thrones this week—some of my favorite episodes thus far!

8 Caity @ Moi Contre La Vie May 10, 2012 at 9:42 am

Sounds: I’ve been listening to oldies all week. Makes me smile. :)

Sights: View from my office. SF is gorgeous when the weather is warm.

Scents: Anything I’m cooking. Can’t. Stop. Eating.

Sips: Green Smoothies. 1+ times daily.

Snacks: ANYTHING I can get my hands on.

P.S. I included you in my Kentucky Derby post! http://moicontrelavie.com/2012/05/07/do-you-derby/

9 Sarah May 10, 2012 at 10:18 am

Sounds: Uh, love me some Alabama Shakes! They are amazing in concert. SO GOOD LIVE. I’m also listening to a lot of St. Vincent. My sister just saw them in concert in Columbus and said she’s amazing. And…old school…..but INXS.

Sights: Ah, New Orleans. I’ve also been looking at a lot of MET ball pictures, mostly on Laineygossip.com

Scents: Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau so fresh

Sips: Cans of beer with cozies (everyone had these in New Orleans?!), water, green tea, coffee, and Diet Coke (dammit).

Snacks: Apple Cinnamon Chobani yogurt, whole grain Gold Fish, and gorp.

10 Yellow Haired Girl May 10, 2012 at 10:23 am

I’m obsessed with that Drake song. Obsessssssed. And I need to try that vodka! It sounds like it’s right up my alley!

11 Emily @ I'd Rather Walk May 10, 2012 at 11:30 am

Wicked Games by The Weeknd, Dr. Bronner’s peppermint bar soap, water with lemon, pomegranate seeds, the Hudson river from the 33rd floor

12 Julie @ runningandriley May 10, 2012 at 12:06 pm

LOOOVED the New Girl finale!! #MEEPMEEP! Hilarious! The Absolute Grapevine vodka looks positively scrumptious!

13 Tamar May 11, 2012 at 12:26 am

I love this! My favorite sight: the last 12 dvr’ed episodes of Grey’s Anatomy that I haven’t had time to watch, and sip: la croix coconut seltzer, which has become my lifeline since giving up diet soda 2 months ago.

14 Lisa May 11, 2012 at 4:27 pm

I love Drake’s music. And New Girl season finale was awesome! I actually cried at the end, I’m such a wuss. I wish I had seen that vodka flavour last night, I just bought boring plain vodka, definitely not as fun. And I have been truly obsessed with coconut butter. It is pure bliss.

15 Sara K May 11, 2012 at 5:01 pm

Ahh I am in love with Prada Candy! That’s exactly what I am getting after my (now discontinued) YSL Parisienne runs out.
Sounds of the week: Where have you been- Rihanna (mainstream…I know)
Scents of the week: St Ives Triple Butter body wash
Snacks: Greek yoghurt with nutella and cookies.

16 Maddy May 13, 2012 at 6:34 pm

New rule: New Girl needs to never end. Ever.

17 Kelly @ Femme Fitale May 14, 2012 at 11:45 am

Love Bolthouse Farms. Which one is Green Goodness? I’m obsessed with the 100% Carrot!