In L.A.

by snackface on July 22, 2012 · 42 comments

I am here! And I am happy. This adventure is just starting. I’ve been running around interviewing, searching for apartments and doing nonsensical, wonderful things such as shopping, beaching and taking long run/walks to soak it all in.

I don’t have everything in perfect placement. More than a few things are up in the air. Despite this, everything feels so right. It’s hard to explain. What I’m feeling, I suppose, is confidence and happiness with my decision to take a chance on something I’ve wanted to do for…ever.

My main question— being a Midwesterner and all— is: When will seeing the beach stop feeling like vacation? I hope never.

I have another busy day tomorrow that I’m super pumped for. Will report back in afterward!

Here’s to a beautiful, new week!

1 Evan July 22, 2012 at 9:57 pm

I love this. Can’t wait for updates!!!! Give ‘em hell :)

2 Karen July 22, 2012 at 10:07 pm

That’s so cool your in LA!! I’ve been reading your blog for a while now. Looking forward to read all about your life here! I’ve been living in LA all my life.. it’s awesome :)

3 snackface July 23, 2012 at 10:48 am

Karen, thank you for reading and thanks for commenting! If you’re up for it, I’d love to meet up sometime!

4 Karen July 24, 2012 at 5:45 pm

That would be awesome!! :-D

5 Sana July 22, 2012 at 10:09 pm

I would love to live near a beach!

6 Danielle July 22, 2012 at 10:19 pm

Yay!!! I’m so happy you’re happy! Hope things continue to go well for you. I can’t wait to hear how everything turns out.

7 Elisse July 22, 2012 at 10:31 pm

I grew up in San Diego and I live in LA now too! Honestly, it doesn’t stop feeling like vacation. Welcome to Los Angeles, this city will love you!
-Elisse

8 Stephanie July 22, 2012 at 10:32 pm

Good luck! I think a big move is a very inspirational thing and I admire you for GOING FOR IT!!!

9 Jaclyn @ JustJac! July 22, 2012 at 10:33 pm

what are you doing there??

10 snackface July 23, 2012 at 10:47 am

Jaclyn, trying to make a lot of things happen! I’m a little superstitious in that I don’t really talk about things before they happen, only after I have them solidified.Like if I talk about it too much, it won’t happen. I guess it’s my trying not to get my hopes up!

11 Hayley July 22, 2012 at 11:00 pm

You go girl

12 lynn @ the actor's diet July 22, 2012 at 11:47 pm

lemme know if you want me to keep an ear out for places – price range/neighborhoods/roomies etc…

13 snackface July 23, 2012 at 10:45 am

Lynn, that would be hugely appreciated! I’ll email you! :) OH, AND I’ll see you on the 30th!

14 Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn July 23, 2012 at 12:55 am

Take me with you. #VamosALaPlaya

15 Emily July 23, 2012 at 1:10 am

LOVE this. Everything will fall into place and I know you’re going to be extremely successful. I’m so proud of you and can’t wait to meet in person soon!

Oh, and I’ve lived here for almost 3 years now and the “vacation” feel has yet to disappear. This city never gets old. (:

16 snackface July 23, 2012 at 10:44 am

Emily! We should set up a lunch date for this week! I can’t wait to meet you and get some inside scoop on LA from you!

17 Carly @ Snack Therapy July 23, 2012 at 2:07 am

Welcome to Cali! I’m so excited to follow along with your new journey! Good luck :-).

18 snackface July 23, 2012 at 10:43 am

Thank you, Carly! Also, thanks for commenting– I love finding other snack-minded people in the blogosphere!

19 jmichelle July 23, 2012 at 6:12 am

So exciting! I can’t wait to read your next update :)

I hope you find the perfect apartment!

20 snackface July 23, 2012 at 10:42 am

jmichelle- Thank you! Me too!

21 Lindsay Simone July 23, 2012 at 7:41 am

So happy that you are not only following your dreams…your CHASING after them! It’s such a great feeling to watch you take this next step of your life and see you grow as a blogger, working girl, friend, daughter–as an individual.

Congrats on the move and I can’t wait to continue reading about your happy, LA living self!

22 snackface July 23, 2012 at 10:42 am

Lindsay, your words have made my day! Thank you so much not only for the support, but the excitement. For me, picking up and moving seemed totally crazy, but it also seemed like exactly what I had to do. It was about damn time, ya know?!

23 Caity @ Moi Contre La Vie July 23, 2012 at 9:13 am

Congrats & good luck, such an inspiration!

24 Jen July 23, 2012 at 9:35 am

From someone that grew up on the East Coast – The beach ALWAYS feels like vacation!!!!!! I love the shore!!!!!!!

25 carrie @ acts.of.rebellion July 23, 2012 at 10:03 am

best of luck! :)

26 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles July 23, 2012 at 10:11 am

Can’t wait to hear more updates as to what you’re up to out there! Happy to see you’re enjoying it :-)

27 Emily @ Glitz Glam Granola July 23, 2012 at 12:13 pm

Yay, glad you are in LA and starting to get settled! Can’t wait to hear where you decide to move (I was partial to the beach cities when I lived there but Culver could be good for you work wise) and job updates! Good luck with everything!

28 Bethany July 23, 2012 at 12:42 pm

That is fabulous! I live super close to LA and I have to say, it’s incredible! This weekend go to Hotel Cafe if you like live music and a chill crowd. It’s one of my favorite places to go on a Friday night!

29 Brigid July 24, 2012 at 1:35 pm

I second Hotel Cafe. It’s my favorite (and it’s within walking distance of my apartment)!

30 snackface July 25, 2012 at 12:04 am

I’m definitely going to have to hit it up!

31 Brigid July 23, 2012 at 2:25 pm

I am also from a landlocked state, and even 11 months into LA living, it never stops feeling like a vacation to see the Pacific! I’ll join the chorus of “welcome”s to our fair city.

32 kim July 23, 2012 at 2:45 pm

how exciting that you made the move to LA! i’ve lived in san diego for half my life and i can tell you that it never gets old driving to work and seeing the ocean every morning! can’t wait to hear all about your new adventures, and if you ever find your way down here, give me a holler.

33 Paige @ Your Trainer Paige July 23, 2012 at 3:01 pm

GAH!
So excited for you, Kailey. Can’t wait to hear about your adventures :)

34 snackface July 23, 2012 at 3:35 pm

Thank you, Paige! I’m super pumped to start the adventures and share them!

35 Purely Twins July 23, 2012 at 9:51 pm

now we must come visit…once settled of course ;)

cannot wait to read more about your adventures.

36 snackface July 25, 2012 at 12:04 am

YES, PLEASE!

37 Christina @ The Beautiful Balance July 24, 2012 at 4:12 am

Cali is the best! The views, the people, the vibe, everything! Congrats on the move, you will never regret it :)

38 Justin July 24, 2012 at 3:00 pm

LA will always feel like a vacation. I’ve been for 5 years and haven’t regretted it for one moment. There are so many places to discover in SoCal. If you love the beach you should check out Zuma Beach it’s right outside of Malibu. One of LA’s best kept secrets….

39 snackface July 25, 2012 at 12:04 am

Thanks for the tip, Justin!

40 Emily @ I'd Rather Walk July 25, 2012 at 2:29 pm

Gimme some juice

41 Amanda @ Live. Laugh. Learn. July 28, 2012 at 12:02 am

I just found this blog thru another and am stoked to see such an awesome Ohioan blog! A little too late I see, but I’ll be reading past posts for sure. Good luck with your new adventure in LA! :)

42 Natalie July 30, 2012 at 6:52 am

Congrats on the move. I have been reading your blog for years but I am not sure and can’t remember if I have ever commented, I am sure I have!?!

I am from Santa Monica and notice a few familiar sites :) I am actually living in New Zealand now. If I ever make it home for a visit you are going to have to take me out.

Make sure to hit up Urth Cafe, Rawevolution, Hot 8 Yoga, Pinkberry, Yoghurtland and for best Mexican food either Mariscos on Lincoln Blvd Or La Cabana in Venice, Santa Monica and around Main Street/ 2nd Street.