Getting There

by snackface on July 31, 2012 · 14 comments

Hi, loves! It’s 6:03 p.m. PST. I’m sitting in a Starbucks, sighing at the less-than-stellar internet connection. I’m sleepy but thankful, nonetheless.

Yesterday, I signed my first least post-college. We waited with bated breath and when we received the call that the apartment was ours, we squealed and jumped up and down. When we signed the lease, I’m pretty sure I cried.

This is it. Things are falling into place. I am not homeless. I have an apartment that I love. Maybe I slept on the floor, curled up in a blanket on top of my version of a makeshift mattress: a body pillow.

It’s the risk I’ve wanted to take for years, and every day I find myself going through huge ups and downs. I live between moments of sheer happiness and moments of “holy sh!t, what do I do next?” I’ve put myself in a situation in which there is no other option than to figure it out.

Stress aside, problems almost solved, I am happy and endlessly grateful for support, kindness and love from my family and friends.

Not everything is figured out, but I’m getting there.

P.S. I wanted to post pics of the apartment on the blog, but the internet connection simply won’t permit it! Head to my Instagram if you want to check it out, though!

1 Sana July 31, 2012 at 9:33 pm

Congrats girl :)

2 Clare @ Fitting It All In July 31, 2012 at 10:25 pm

Pleeassee keep blogging about this experience and the ups and downs so that I have the courage to take it myself!

3 Marlon @MeInTheBalance July 31, 2012 at 10:55 pm

I applaud you for being bold and taking such a risk! It will all be worthwhile in the end! We’re SoCal neighbors now, so let me know if you need anything! :)

4 Emily August 1, 2012 at 1:28 am

Congratulations on the apartment! You’re officially a Los Angeles resident…so exciting, right?! If you need anything, please don’t hesitate to ask!
I can’t wait to hear more about the apartment and how things are going once you’ve settled in. (:

5 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat August 1, 2012 at 9:38 am

Congrats! Hope you’re enjoying each moment of your adventure!

6 Caity @ Moi Contre La Vie August 1, 2012 at 10:06 am

That’s so exciting, I still remember my first post-collegiate apartment & the experience was a great mix of excitement & terror. Congrats! Can’t wait for more updates on your brave adventure! :)

7 Gina G August 1, 2012 at 11:24 am

Yay congrats! I’m so happy and excited for you Kailey! :D

8 Hannah August 1, 2012 at 11:26 am

There’s something about the unknown which is undeniably exciting! I cannot wait to see where your path takes you next! And what type of furniture you get too ;)

9 A. Lip August 1, 2012 at 1:55 pm

Get it girl! Cincy sends you mad love.

10 Lindsay Simone August 1, 2012 at 7:38 pm

Mazel and a half!

11 Jessie August 2, 2012 at 12:16 am

Even though this adventure may not be all smiles & butterflies, it’s definitely something to be proud of you. Trust me, everything will be completely worth it in the end. Congratulations on finding the apartment girl :)

12 Hannah C August 2, 2012 at 8:07 am

Kailey! Ahh, I’m SO happy for you. I’ve been reading your blog since the fall and I’m so glad I found it. I know you say that you haven’t gotten it all figured out and that there are bunch of bumps in the road, but your journey through this is really inspiring and it’s so awesome we get to hear about it every step of the way. Keep chasing your dreams! Nothing but the best, Hannah.

13 Heather @ For the Love of Kale August 2, 2012 at 12:40 pm

GIRL. You’re amazing and I’m so happy for you! Can’t wait to keep hearing about your adventures! <3 xoxoxo

14 Living, Learning, Eating August 2, 2012 at 1:30 pm