Life: Living It

by snackface on August 28, 2012 · 15 comments

Life, much like this collage, has been all over the place. But in the most wonderful way. I have no sense of normalcy. Sure, I go to work Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., but what happens the rest of the time is completely unpredictable.

I’ve been living like I’m on a permanent vacation. In countless ways, it’s effing awesome. In other ways, it’s been less pleasant. Talking on a large scale isn’t helpful to you guys, though. What I’m saying is that though I’ve always been confused about the word balance, it becomes tiring when you have absolutely no sense of it.

When I was in Ohio, my schedule rarely veered off course. Wake up, get ready for work, go to work, go to the gym, go home, shower, write, sleep. Repeat until Friday. Now, though, my after-school (I mean WORK) schedule is as busy as my 9 to 6. Tonight, for example, I’m going to the gym to take a class or two, then going to a dancer/choreographer event in Hollywood. I see time differently. It used to be the strict metronome to which, if I missed one beat, I completely lost rhythm. I had to stay on the beat. But now, it’s all my own… and I’m trying to figure out how to manage my own rhythm and my own time.

Maybe what I’m feeling fully for the first time in my life is independence. Just maybe. But that sounds too serious. I don’t have to figure it out or label it or decide how I should feel about it just yet. I’d rather say… you know this thing called life? I’m just living it.

1 jordan @ thedancingdonut August 28, 2012 at 9:13 pm

are you going to Carnival tonight?! i wish i could go but i already had a prior engagement. i’m hoping to be performing in one soon! they’re awesome. have fun :)

2 Kelsey August 28, 2012 at 9:39 pm

that sounds like a good plan:)
i love the photo collage!

3 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles August 28, 2012 at 9:57 pm

Sounds like you are doing pretty wonderful out there!

4 Sarah B. August 28, 2012 at 10:13 pm

It looks like you are love-ing life out there. Good for you! I hear ya, with the balance. For the past year or so I’ve been way tooooo balanced. I’m trying to work on being a little more spontaneous and straying from my strict schedule! I’m going to Chicago this weekend and can’t wait to just go with the flow a few days! It’s good for the soul.

5 Emily August 29, 2012 at 1:07 am

Even though I follow your instagram, I loved seeing all of these pictures again. You look sooo happy and that just proves that you made the right decision in moving out here.
LA is definitely unpredictable- no two days are the same- and that’s one of my favorite things about living here. I’m glad you’re enjoying it as much as I do! (:

6 Liz (formerly VeggieGirl) August 29, 2012 at 4:29 am

Keep living it! Love the photo collage. I was in L.A. over the weekend :D

7 Evan August 29, 2012 at 8:25 am

Sounds about right :) Keep up the awesomeness!

8 Caity @ Moi Contre La Vie August 29, 2012 at 10:12 am

Wow – Such a change! I’m very much a schedule/beat girl and I understand precisely what you mean about your old life. I’m so impressed by your bravery at entering this new period in your life!

9 Paige @ Running Around Normal August 29, 2012 at 10:52 am

Sounds to me like you’re trying to soak up as much as LA will give to ya – and I think that’s fabulous.
Love the mean muggin’ pic!

10 Heather @ For the Love of Kale August 29, 2012 at 4:53 pm

YEAH, GIRL!!! SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!

11 Tamar August 29, 2012 at 11:33 pm

Just have to say I’m loving your attitude. It’s so amazing to see someone my age just embrace life and live their dreams. Very inspiring.

(Also, where is that hoodie from?!)

12 Britannie August 30, 2012 at 8:32 pm

Please tell me you’re going to Carnival.

LA looks as amazing as I imagine it. I’m supremely jealous :)

13 Gina G September 2, 2012 at 8:08 am

Sounds like a (amazing) dream! I couldn’t be happier for you Kailey!! :D

14 Kim September 4, 2012 at 11:18 am

I love this post! I think what you are doing is awesome and inspiring and all I can say is, keep on keepin’ on!

15 snackface September 4, 2012 at 12:32 pm

Thank you, Kim! I appreciate your kindness!