Housewarming

by snackface on September 12, 2012 · 9 comments

A best friend knows that you’ll always love your roots. She also knows that sometimes you need to be reminded of it. She knows this is the place in which your friendship was born. Its shape the name of the university that brought you together.

A best friend knows that after years of struggle, this spoon is just fun. But she remembers and helped and lived through your overcoming a time when eating freely was an option you never gave yourself. Now we’re killing demons and killing cereal. Now we’re laughing in the face of it. One word: overcome. (Overcome!)

Muffin, thank you for the incredible housewarming gifts! They could not be more perfect! Love you. Now get to LA.

xoxo,

1 Caity @ Moi Contre La Vie September 12, 2012 at 1:01 pm

Awww! Such sweet reminders of home, it’s so priceless to have a friend who always sticks by you.

2 Liz (formerly VeggieGirl) September 12, 2012 at 1:31 pm

Aww, love the Ohio cutting board – that’s awesome! :D

3 lynne @ lgsmash September 12, 2012 at 1:49 pm

i love that cutting board!!

cheers to great girlfriends.

4 Marijke September 12, 2012 at 3:54 pm

That spoon is all kinds of tremendous!
Cheers to killing demons and overcoming- I’ll drink to that!

5 Carly @ Snack Therapy September 12, 2012 at 4:33 pm

Such a cool cutting board! And the shape of Ohio is perfect for it… I’m from Cali, and I can’t imagine the long, thin shape being fun to cut things on.

Definitely very thoughtful, meaningful gifts! Congrats on the house!

6 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles September 12, 2012 at 4:38 pm

As a bit of a cereal addict myself, that spoon is amazing. Such sweet gifts!

7 Commenting September 13, 2012 at 1:20 am

Cool gifts! Gotta admit that this sentence didn’t make much sense to me until I came to the comments, but I still don’t read it as grammatically correct! Could be just me though :P

“Its shape the name of the university that brought you together.”

8 snackface September 13, 2012 at 1:24 am

It’s just not a complete sentence! Freestylin’ and letting go of some grammar rules. :) Probably could have used a comma after “Its shape” to set that off as more of a subject.

9 Rachel September 17, 2012 at 1:10 am

I LOVE THAT CUTTING BOARD! want it for my apartment so very badly!