Packed

by snackface on September 13, 2012 · 10 comments

I’ve recently started going to the gym before work (there’s too much to do afterward that I don’t want to miss out on…#FOMO!), which leaves me eating two meals at work. Former me would have frowned upon this. Just too much eating at a desk, you know? Over it!

But I’ve adjusted to this new, on-the-go style of eating Monday through Friday and I don’t mind a bit. And if I can stick to it, I’ll be saving a bit of money.

Here’s what I’m packing for breakfast and lunch this week!

Yes, it’s that time. I’m not even going to deny that I’m one of those people. I am. I love pumpkin everything. I went to Starbucks the day the pumpkin spice latte made its return. (Of course it was too hot in LA to even contemplate a latte, but an iced coffee with a pump of pumpkin still satisfied a craving.) Pumpkin puree, plain Greek yogurt, half a banana, maple syrup, cinnamon and peanut butter. Dope.

Salad for lunch is the easiest option for me, and if I pack vegetables, I eat vegetables. No self sabotage here. (Minus that box of crackers that lasted two days. And the office peanut M&Ms.) Spinach, green beans, heirloom tomato, avocado, smoked turkey, carrot ginger dressing and Sriracha. Absolutely perfect.

The packed life isn’t so bad.

Question: What are your favorite packable meals?

1 Sana September 13, 2012 at 3:53 am

Look at you being a blogger ;) I make a naan pizza with eggplant spread from Tj’s. Sooooo good!

2 Hillary September 13, 2012 at 8:00 am

I’m actually eating that exact breakfast as I type this. Yes, really.

3 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles September 13, 2012 at 8:34 am

I usually like salads as my bring-to-school lunch, but if I have a lot of books that day I usually go with a sandwich – takes up less space in my bag. :-)

4 Faith @ For the Health of It September 13, 2012 at 8:54 am

I like making big batches of vegetarian chili or quinoa with veggies to pack for quick office lunches.

5 Sarah B. September 13, 2012 at 9:56 am

I wish I could get myself to exercise before work because I totally hear ya on #FOMO! I usually do eat breakfast at work just as a time saver. I like to sleep in as long as humanly possible.

Yay for pumpkin flavors! I’ve actually never tried a PSL, but I’m finally taking the plunge. Peer pressure will do that to a girl.

6 Caity @ Moi Contre La Vie September 13, 2012 at 10:29 am

I’m 100% a morning gym person so I’m in this boat 4-5 days a week as well. I’m lucky enough to have access to a kitchen (blender, fridge, microwave…) so I usually make a green smoothie in the AM after my workout or bring in overnight oats (so. excited. for. pumpkin.) I also make big batches of my evening meals and bring in the leftovers so I have healthy, quick options at the office.

7 Kim @ Raising The Barre September 16, 2012 at 3:22 pm

Salad in a jar! I tried it out for the first time a couple of weeks ago, and I’m convinced it’s the best way to pack a salad now.

8 Life's a Bowl September 23, 2012 at 10:16 pm

I am obsessed with anything apple or pumpkin in the fall… Although I did just bake a loaf of banana bread, whaaat?! :P Salads + fruit + some type of carb + dark chocolate are often my easiest options for packed lunches… Rice cakes + avocado is always a fave!!!

9 Paige September 24, 2012 at 11:44 am

I am the same way eating two of my meals at work and usually working out before I go to the office. I have found that keeping Fullbar with me at my desk has also helped me from snacking on the community bins of candy at my office. Most days I eat a Fullbar when I get in along with my coffee and a piece of fruit and it allows me to stay away from the candy and I am full until lunch.

10 Erica @ Love the Leap September 27, 2012 at 9:07 am

I would have to do the same thing at my old job! I literally packed enough food for the entire office ha! My go-to’s were pretty similar…but overnight oats were consumed frequently as well– super easy when you have to pack something to take with you on the go!